How often do you hear someone talk about anxiety or read about it in the media? Probably a lot.
As someone who suffers from anxiety and its symptoms, it feels good to finally see it acknowledged as a serious disorder that can be categorized under mental illness. Living with anxiety is extremely difficult. You have to keep pretending that everything is alright because those who have never experienced it don’t truly know what it’s like.
At some point, my condition worsened. I hated being in social situations and I started to develop other serious problems like migraines, stomach problems, fatigue, and weight fluctuations. I was eventually diagnosed by a professional and started attending therapy. I was also prescribed pills, but this was a temporary solution. As with all medication, these pills gave me some unpleasant side effects that I did not want to experience for long.
Tired of trying to fix my situation with medication, I came up with other solutions. One of them was meditation and the other was reading the Bible.
I grew up in a religious household, but I never really understood the healing powers of Scripture until I used it to help me cope with anxiety. Now, whenever I feel anxious or sad I pick up the holy book because it is the one thing that can truly help me find peace. God never promised that things will be easy for us in this life, but He did ask us put our trust in him and he will bring peace to our lives.
Whether you’re battling anxiety or you’re just going through other personal struggles, here are 30 uplifting Bible verses that can help strengthen your faith and offer comfort during tough times, like it did for me:
1.”When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” – Psalm 56:3-4
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9-11
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” – John 14:27
- “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:17-18
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.” – Proverbs 12:25
- “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” – 2 Corinthians 4:16-17
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
- “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” – Matthew 6:26
- “Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4
- “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'” – Hebrews 13:15
- “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” – 1 John 4:18
- “I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.” – Psalm 34:4
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
- “The Lord your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.” – Zephaniah 3:17
- “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” -Psalm 55:22
- “Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” – Deuteronomy 3:22
- “But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their threats.” – 1 Peter 3:14
- “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.” – Psalm 34:17-19
- “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:30-31
- “Humble yourselves, then, under God’s mighty hand, so that he will lift you up in his own good time. Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:6-7
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” – Matthew 6:34
- “So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?'” – Hebrews 13:6
- “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” – James 1:2-4
- “And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span? “If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?” – Luke 12:25-26
- “From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge.”- Psalm 61:3
- “The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.” – Psalm 9:9-10