Our body is in desperate need of antioxidants, especially this time of year when there is increased risk of colds, flu, cold and the threat of unhealthy foods at every turn. Fortunately, we can start from early morning with the treatment prescribed in the form of a healthy, complete and tasty breakfast.
Here’s a great recipe for chocolate oatmeal, especially good for athletes, who need extra protein to rebuild their bodies:
- 4 tablespoons fine oat flakes
- 1 tablespoon of the protein with chocolate (peas, hemp or combined vegan)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa (bitter powder, not the industrial preparation of the beverage)
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes (cubes of dried coconut, available in health food stores)
- ⅔ cup vegetable milk by choice
- small pinch of salt
- handful of blueberries
Mix all dry ingredients except blueberries. Pour the milk, and cook until it gets tough. If you do not like totally thick porridge, add more milk. When the oatmeal nicely connect and start “blowing”, remove them to a bowl and serve sprinkled with blueberries. Ingredients are for a physically active person.